Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Shopping!!!

Not me! Nope, this past Thursday E.L. shopped for his Mother! When I went to thir house Thursday I didn't really have a plan. At all. Not very smart of me. But since school is out it was a little different. He had no homework and it was perfectly okay to play games all day. BUT: I got to thinking...about shopping...and well...it was better than playing on the ipad...

So I hatched a master plan. I mentioned that we should really think about what he was getting his Mom for Christmas. Oh I know! Let's go Christmas shopping!!! He tried to act too cool for shopping but please, who doesn't like to spend money? So off we went to the store. I wanted to get him excited so I told him he could spend $5 dollars and when he asked to hold it (I didn't have cash) I let him carry the credit card instead. When we finally had the perfect gift, I let him take it to the cash register, hand it to the cashier and swipe. the. card. Well if that didn't instill excitement. Of course now I've created a monster but it was worth it! We then went to another store for wrapping paper and some extra goodies to go along with the gift. Again he got to swipe the card.

E.L. was really well behaved. This is probably because at the beginning of the day I proved to him that I knew Santa by showing him the number in my phone. He's convinced, and well he should be. But I promised that if he was good then we would go to McDonalds for ice cream. So we did.

We got back to the house and hurried inside with the goods and I attempted to show E.L. how to wrap presents. Let's just say his Mother will have fun getting into her gifts. We wrapped everything separately so that she had 3 gifts under the tree. After that we spent the rest of our time earning coins for Club Penguin's Coins For Change.

E.L.'s Mother also got me a Christmas present! Gift cards to my two favorite stores! (Books A Million and Michaels. Just in case you ever think I deserve a little present ^_^) Rest assured they will most likely not make it to the end of December...or even to Christmas!

I probably won't be posting again until January so everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!



Oh and btw. We survived...guess the Mayan's got it wrong...perish the thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment